Your way to studying medicine
Our 12 week College Semester is aimed at all those who, in addition to refreshing their knowledge from school, want to acquire additional medical know-how and prepare themselves in as much detail as possible for the admission procedure at UMCH. Besides biology, chemistry and physics, students are also taught in other areas that are important for medical studies. These include mathematics, biochemistry, anatomy and medical theory.
The advantage in knowledge that you gain from the course will give you self-confidence and motivation. In the course of the college semester, which is the foundation for your successful medical studies, you will acquire a considerable amount of scientific knowledge. This advantage will later be essential for your studies.
Classes take place in small practice groups on the premises of UMCH‘s campus in Hamburg. There will be daily blocks of time for follow-up work and for self-study of the extensive material. Thus, you will always have enough time to internalize the newly learned material. In addition, you will be specifically prepared for the admission procedure at UMCH.
Towards the end of the 12 weeks, all the topics covered will be repeated. Finally, you will get the chance take part in the admission procedure for your studies at UMCH.
All advantages at a glance
- Refresh your school knowledge while acquiring new specialist medical knowledge
- Use waiting time until start of studies effectively
- Subjects: biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, biochemistry, anatomy and medical theory
- Learn under experienced lecturers
- Gain confidence and motivation through acquiring an advantage in knowledge
- Daily blocks for follow-up and self-study
- Optimize letter of motivation and CV
- Individual feedback interviews and simulated admission interview
- Preparation for UMCH’s admission procedure
- Take part in the admission procedure at the end of the semester
- Lessons in English
|Course duration:||12 weeks|
|Course contents:||biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, biochemistry, anatomy, medical theory, oreparation for admission procedure, individual consultation|
|Language:||lessons in English|
|Period:||February – May|
|Participant places:||small groups (max. 25 places)|
* Plus board and lodging on site during the course. If required, we can help you find suitable accommodation. Course structure and schedule are subject to change.
Dr. Stefan Hermann
» PhD Biochemist
» Scientist and Guest Lecturer at Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
» Scientist and Guest Lecturer at Södertörns Högskola, Sweden
» Scientific employee at GlucoMetrix PVS GmbH, Potsdam, Germany
» Database Developer
» Management Consultant
Dr. Maria Panagiotou
» Research Assistant at Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
» PhD in Neurophysiology at Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
» Research Master’s degree in Cognitive Neuroscience at Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
» Professional Pharmacist license
» Visiting researcher in Pharmacology & Physiology at La Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
» Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at School of Pharmacy, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Dr. Arash Momeni
» Research Assistant at TU Clausthal, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany
» Research Assistant at Centre for Quantum Geometry of Moduli Spaces (QGM), Aarhus, Denmark
» Guest Researcher at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India
» Development Engineer at TIPCO
» Lecturer in Mathematics and Physics
Dates & Registration
Register for one of our courses
You can reach our student service centre here.
Please fill out the contact form below. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the college semester at UMCH at any time.