UMCH is a German branch of the accredited national University of Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences and Technology of Targu Mures in Romania. At present, UMCH itself pays for the costs incurred to enable medical studies to be carried out in Germany. The tuition fees also contribute to this and are usually paid semi-annually by the students (two tuition fees per academic year; details can be found here).
The tuition fees are charged for the use and administration of a modern equipped and administered infrastructure on the UMCH and at the partner clinics in Germany and for the use of the academic services of the UMFST of Targu Mures in the form of an accredited study program with highly qualified lecturers in English.
Study Medicine in Germany
1st year to 2nd year
3rd year to 6th year
in Hamburg and teaching hospitals in Germany
Study Medicine in Hamburg and Targu Mures
1st to 2nd year
3rd year to 6th year
in Targu Mures
* 1 The tuition fees for the first academic year are due 10 days after receipt of the notification of admission.
* 2 The tuition fees are due in advance for each additional semester as follows:
– for the winter semester: on June 15 of the year in which the winter semester begins;
– for the summer semester: on December 15 of the year immediately preceding the summer semester.
* 3 In order to submit an application for admissions, all students are required to pay an application fee. The application fee is a one-time fee for all services related to the application process – including guidance, support and organization.
* 4 The payment of the enrollment fee is a prerequisite to start studying at UMCH and must be made no later than 14 days before medical studies begin.
The foundation for your future as a doctor
Investing in your future
Studying at UMCH involves financial effort, but it is an excellent investment in your career. The money is invested also in your education: We offer you the latest standards in facilities and equipment, highly qualified teaching staff, intensive all-round support during your studies and everyday life, and a wide range of extracurricular activities.
Doctors are sought in Germany and other Western European countries – your professional prospects after graduation are therefore very good. When you can start your career earlier as a doctor instead of waiting a long time in Germany, you will have earned the costs of your studies after only a few years – not to mention the time you have left unused by “endless” waiting.