Klinikum St. Georg Leipzig
Number of beds:
Year of founding:
- General, Visceral and Oncological Surgery
- Diabetology and General Internal Medicine
- Diabetology and Endocrinology
- Endocrine Surgery
- Interdisciplinary Pediatric Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine / Pneumology
- Department of Vascular Surgery
- Neonatology / Neonatology follow-up care
- Nephrology (kidney and hypertension diseases)
- Specialized Septic Surgery
- Inpatient Physical Medicine
- Thoracic Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Klinikum St. Georg Leipzig is the second largest hospital in the city of Leipzig and, due to the fact that it was founded as early as 1212, also the oldest.
More than 3,500 employees care for patients here around the clock. The hospital is one of the main care providers and is the point of contact for many people, both regionally and nationally. With 1,030 beds and close interaction between the clinic and outpatient departments, a wide range of services is offered in an interdisciplinary environment. In 14 specialist departments, students have the opportunity to gain insights into various areas, such as Neonatology, Endocrine Surgery or Neuroradiology.
The well-being of its own employees is a matter of great importance to the hospital. For this reason, there is a broad future-oriented educational program that covers not only purely professional topics, but also commercial and technical areas. Students can thus look forward to extensive practical training and insights into the workings of a hospital.